Built as a Senior Boys accommodation as a replacement for “Wellington” which had been earlier removed.

Constructed 1935.

Named after Sir Arthur Scratton, who was a benefactor to the Fairbridge Society. The building of the Memorial was financed by May Scratton, his widow. The building provided accommodation for 32 trainee boys aged 14 years plus. Post WWII it was used by Fairbridge female staff and the state school teachers. Old Fairbridgian girls stayed in Scratton for holidays or due tojob loss/ill health etc. The clock was a gift of Major General Sir Howard Vyse who was Chief of Staff to HRH Duke of Gloucester when visiting Australia.

 

Named in Memory of Arthur Scratton

Scratton

Named in Memory of Arthur Scratton

Scratton

Scratton

Right hand view of the building. Left side was the same. In late 1950s this end was modified internally for offices and sport gear storage.

Scratton

Right hand view of the building. Left side was the same. In late 1950s this end was modified internally for offices and sport gear storage.

 

Attachments