1885

Kingsley Fairbridge born in Grahamstown, South Africa

1909

Formation of the Child Emigration Society, Oxford, England

1912

Kingsley and Ruby Fairbridge arrive in Pinjarra and start the first Fairbridge Farm School on 160 acres located south of Pinjarra

1913

January, the first 13 boys arrive at Fairbridge Farm School

July, second party of 22 boys arrive

1914

First Mandurah summer camp

1914

to 1918 The First World War. British child migration deferred

1919

Kingsley & Ruby Fairbridge and family return to England on a promotional trip

1920

3,100 acres bought from the Estate of Wm Paterson for a new farm site on the South Dandalup River

1921

First five cottages completed: Belfast, Clive, Shakespeare, Wolfe and Warren Hastings

1921

British child migration recommenced

1921

First party to include girls arrive

1921

Office/Gatehouse Exeter constructed (later Assistant Principal’s residence)

1921

Kitchen and store are completed

1922

Headmaster’s house, later known as Fairbridge House completed – a pise structure (rammed earth)

1922

Four classrooms constructed

1923

Eight more cottages completed –

Glasgow, Jenner, Henry Hudson, Raleigh, Darwin, Lister, Nelson and Isaac Newton

1924

Kingsley Fairbridge dies – midnight Saturday 19 July

1927

Seven more cottages built –

Cook, Rhodes, Livingstone, Kitchener, Lawley, Haig and Forrest

1927

Duke and Duchess of York visit Fairbridge (the Duke later became King George VI)

1928

Principal’s residence (Heath House) and Dairyman’s house (Oxford) constructed

1928

Manual Training Workshop constructed

1928

Two more classrooms constructed

1930

Generous gift received from the late Mr. Thomas Wall to build a Chapel

1930

Hospital constructed – Nightingale

1931

Church of the Holy Innocents officially dedicated by the Bishop of Bunbury

1931

Chief Scout (Lord Baden-Powell), Chief Guide (Lady Baden-Powell) and Governor (Sir William Campion) visit

1932

Middlemore cottage completed

1933

Old Fairbridgians Clubhouse completed

1933

Cement block garage and other technical buildings built

1934

Weir constructed across the river to provide a safe swimming pool

1934

Duke of Gloucester visits Fairbridge

1934

Office building constructed

1935

Arthur Scratton Memorial residential building with clock tower completed for senior boys

1935

Domestic Science building constructed

1935

Saumarez and Evelyn cottages constructed for senior girls

1938

Laundry, Power House, Staff Dining room, kitchen and quarters constructed

1938

Fairbridge, Molong, New South Wales was opened

1939

to 1945 – World War 2. British child migration deferred

1939

to 1945 – Many Old Fairbridgians join the services – Army, Air Force, Navy Home Forces, Women’s Land Army

1942

Guildford Grammar School boys in residence

1943

Site used to train young women as farm hands – Women’s Land Army

1945

Dutch refugee children housed until reunited with their families in 1946

1948

Renovations to site buildings begin

1949

Child migration recommenced. First migrant children arrive after the war

1950

School buildings renovated

1954

Renovations to 18 cottages completed

1956

Fairbridge Society decides to take children with one parent, and families with many children

1961

Big Brother Movement began to utilise Fairbridge

1961

Plans for new swimming pool, oval and sports pavilion completed

1963

Memorial Colonnade constructed at the entrance to the village

1964

Cottages full

1964

Queen Mother visits Fairbridge

1966

Noah’s Ark pavilion erected

1971

Warren Hastings destroyed by fire

1974

Fairbridge, Molong, N.S.W closed

1979

Prince Charles visits Fairbridge Pinjarra

1981

Kingsley Fairbridge Farm School Pinjarra was closed

1983

WA Board of Fairbridge Society London becomes incorporated in its own right as Fairbridge Western Australia Inc

1983

Alcoa buys the site from Fairbridge Society London

1983

Alcoa sells the buildings and infrastructure back to Fairbridge WA Inc for $1 and enters into a 94 year peppercorn lease for the site the buildings are constructed on

1983

Alcoa erects a memorial over Kingsley Fairbridge’s grave

1984

Freemasons agree to underwrite the Board of Fairbridge Western Australia Inc

1996

First Old Fairbridgians Memorial Wall constructed

1998

Fairbridge Farm School entered on the Heritage Council of WA Register of Heritage Places

2006

Elizabeth cottage officially opened by descendents of Kingsley & Ruby Fairbridge.

2007

Rosa Nobes boy’s replica cottage opened by John Lane